How Long Does It Take To Straighten My Teeth With Invisalign?
When it comes to orthodontics and teeth straightening, patients are usually very eager to achieve a straighter smile as soon as possible. Though newer teeth-straightening techniques such as Invisalign have streamlined this process and made it quicker than traditional methods, the results are not instantaneous and may require longer periods of wear.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a teeth-straightening technique that utilizes clear acrylic aligners that blend into the natural look and contour of your teeth. They were designed to be a more discreet and easy option for those who wanted to better align their teeth without the use of traditional braces.
How Does it Work?
Invisalign is a fairly straightforward and simple treatment and plan to comply with. Patients will follow these steps during the entirety of their treatment:
- Scheduling a consultation- At your first consultation, an orthodontist will assess your teeth alignment issues and make sure that you are a good candidate for Invisalign.
- Coming in for teeth molding- If you are assessed to be an ideal candidate, you will then come into your orthodontist’s office a few days later to get a mold of your teeth. This is so that they can send your mold off and receive aligners catered to fixing your specific orthodontic issues.
- Getting your trays and attachments- Once your trays come in, your orthodontist will add attachments to your teeth so that they can grip the aligners and then assist you in trying your aligners on to make sure that they fit.
- Going to regular appointments- From there, you will continue going to regular appointments to receive your new set of trays or have your attachments replaced until your treatment is complete.
Your orthodontist should make sure that by the end of treatment your smile looks just the way you want. If you are unhappy with your results, you can further extend your treatment or ask your orthodontist what next steps you can take.
How Long Does it Take For Invisalign to Straighten My Teeth?
Each Invisalign treatment will look different for every patient so there is no set universal timeline for how long your treatment will take. Your treatment timeline will depend on the following factors:
- The gaping between your teeth- Because gaping has to do with your gums, those who have larger gaps may require a longer treatment time.
- If your teeth are overly-crowded- Those with mild crowding will likely see a smaller treatment period than those who have severe over-crowding.
- If you have severe alignment issues- In some cases, not only do the teeth need to be realigned, but the jaw as well. If this is the case for you, you could see extended treatment times.
Your orthodontist will be able to assess your teeth and come up with a treatment plan that suits you. Though most people are able to see results within a year of treatment, depending on the alignment issues going on in your mouth and your consistency with your treatment, you may see longer or shorter periods of Invisalign use.
If you are interested in seeing if you are a candidate for Invisalign or would like to know more information about Invisalign, contact the experts at RenovaSmiles. Our professionals will assess your teeth and provide you with the right treatment.