5 Tips For Caring For Your Baby’s Teeth
There are four different types of baby teeth: central incisors, lateral incisors, canines (also called cuspids), and molars. Each type of tooth serves a different purpose. For example, incisors are used for biting and cutting food, while molars are used for grinding food.
- Start brushing your baby’s teeth as soon as they come in. You can use a soft, wet toothbrush or a finger brush. In addition, it’s important to floss your baby’s teeth as soon as they have two teeth that touch each other. Use a piece of 18-inch long floss and wind it around your middle fingers. Gently insert the floss between their teeth and use a back-and-forth motion. Be sure to avoid snapping the floss into their gums.
- Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing your baby’s teeth. In addition to brushing, you should also clean your baby’s gums after every feeding. You can do this by using a soft cloth or gauze pad dipped in water. Gently massage their gums in a circular motion.
- Help your child develop a healthy oral hygiene routine by making sure they brush their teeth twice a day for two minutes each time. If you can’t brush after every meal, be sure to at least clean your teeth with water.
- Make sure to take your child to the dentist for regular checkups and cleanings. You should visit the dentist when your baby gets their first tooth, or by their first birthday. During your child’s dental visit, the dentist will check for cavities, gum disease, and any other problems. They will also give you tips on how to care for your baby’s teeth.
- Encourage your child to eat foods that are good for their teeth, such as fruits and vegetables, and avoid sugary snacks and drinks. Some great fruits and vegetables for a baby’s teeth are apples, carrots, celery, and cucumbers. These foods are not only good for their teeth, but they are also healthy snacks that will help them develop a lifetime of healthy eating habits. You should also limit their juice intake to 4 ounces per day.
Following these tips will help you keep your baby’s teeth healthy and strong. If you have any questions, contact us today at Renova Smiles. As a parent, you have a lot of things to worry about, but one thing you should not put off is caring for your baby’s teeth. If you have any concerns, we are here to help make sure your child has healthy teeth and a beautiful smile.